Saturday, January 31, 2009

We Are The Altar Boyz!


“I am a Catholic, yes I am,
Long live the Vatican.
God doesn’t make mistakes and he made me!
Ohhh, Let out what you’ve trapped inside,
Come on and show your Catholic pride
That’s how you were meant to be!”


-- Mark, from the song “Epiphany,” Altar Boyz


I’ve written about my love for the Off-Broadway show, Altar Boyz, before. I’ve seen it twice with the current cast, and I’ve hung out with the actor who plays Abraham, Ravi Roth, thanks to Lindsay. As long as it keeps running, I’m hoping to see it again. It’s truly wonderful!

This past Thursday, the Boyz were at Borders for an event to promote the 20at20 Off-Broadway discount program. Through February 8th, you can get $20 tickets to Off-Broadway productions, including Altar Boyz, 20 minutes before the show. At a time disposable income is at a premium, this is a great, affordable way to see theater in NYC.

Details can be found at http://www.20at20.com/. In the meantime, check out these videos from the appearance at Borders, featuring Ravi, Michael Kaden Craig, Neil Haskell, Travis Nesbitt, and Mauricio Perez! And if you’re in or near NYC on or before February 8th, GO SEE THE SHOW! You won’t be disappointed!

"We Are The Altar Boyz":



"The Calling":



Bonus Video: Leading the Way was cut from the original production, but it’s a great song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about our 3 hour YouTube "jaunt"....but I couldn't help it! I'm hoping to see the show once in July and once in August....earlier if I can! Love them....LOVE YOU!! :)