Monday, January 5, 2009

8 Days to American Idol

“David, you are ridiculous. I want to squish you, squeeze your head off, and dangle you from my rearview mirror…. that was one of the most beautiful songs ever written, and one of the most moving performances I’ve ever heard! You’re destined for superstardom.”

-- Paula Abdul, about David Archuleta’s performance of “Imagine,” Season 7


(Today's entry is brought to you by Lindsay Hemphill)

I have actually been a fan of David Archuleta’s for quite some time! He competed on Star Search with Arsenio Hall, losing out to Tiffany Evans in the Junior competition. I remember how amazing he was, even back then. (Don’t believe me? Check him out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niIbRea8lhg.) Whether at 11 or 17, he’s always had this mature voice for his age, although it wasn’t the easiest road for him. Apparently, as his voice was changing (and as he was competing on Star Search), he suffered vocal paralysis and had to re-learn how to sing!

I’ve bought his debut self-titled album and it’s really quite good. I think that once he gets a little older and has a little more freedom, he’ll be able to discover who he truly is as an artist. But, I must say, that I’ve loved watching his career and watching him grow!

(Oh, and another bonus clip of him singing to Kelly Clarkson and some other season 1 finalists in a hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrAUWVdkYN4. It just makes me happy!)



1 comment:

MAC said...

I'm still upset that he didn't win last year. My favorite performance was during the Hollywood auditions. http://yummyoftheday.blogspot.com/2008/12/q-saturday-top-3-2008.html
I was so hoping he would include it on his album. WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!!