Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things....

“If reality TV has taught us anything, it's that you can't keep people with no shame down.”

-- Tina Fey, as Liz Lemon, 30 Rock


I know I’ve been MIA for a few weeks, and I apologize. The AI countdown was a massive undertaking. Definitely worth it, but I was a bit burnt out afterwards.

In the time that has elapsed, a viral survey has hit Facebook, much like the e-mail survey of years past. Normally, I ignore them, but this one was different. Void of questions, it merely asks the participant to list 25 random things about themselves. Reading a few posted by friends and acquaintances, I began to think about doing one myself. And much to my surprise, I found it exceedingly difficult. It wasn’t a perfect attempt, but I’m pleased with the result. I hope you enjoy getting to know a little bit more about me.


1. My most cherished dream is to compete in the Olympic Games and win a gold medal. And the dream isn’t dead, thanks to Curling!!!

2. On several occasions, I’ve taken vacation time to stay home and watch the first two rounds of March Madness on TV.

3. I’m addicted to TV show recaps at TVGASM, DGMS, and Entertainment Weekly.

4. Fantasy Football took my interest in the sport from casual spectator to rabid fandom.

5. Being an uncle and a godfather is best thing in the world.

6. My grandmother instilled in me devotion to family, love of food and cooking, and a deep appreciation for soap operas.

7. I’m painfully shy and socially awkward, until I become comfortable with my surroundings or I get a few drinks under my belt.

8. I have a tendency to shun things that garner instant and immense popularity, which has led to me being late to the game with Reality TV, Harry Potter, and Rent.

9. I can never be drunk enough to do karaoke.

10. I recently took up riding motorcycles, and once I get better at it, I’ll really love it.

11. The best show on Off-Broadway is Altar Boyz, and not just because I’ve hung out with the cast! (Ravi Roth and I are BFF’s!)

12. I’d really like to quit smoking, but not really.

13. My drink of choice is Absolut Vanilla and Coke.

14. Jay Brannan is a musical and lyrical genius. One day, he’ll write a happy love song and serenade me with it at our wedding.

15. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, because of the meal, which I can cook, really really well.

16. I used to work for an herbal supplement company as an inbound telephone sales rep, selling an all-natural male enhancement pill.

17. In college, I skipped class to hear Jerry Springer speak on campus. I shook his hand and got his autograph.

18. I turned down a full scholarship to St. John’s University so that I could go to a school where I could major in creative writing. Best decision I’ve ever made!

19. I would go straight for Tina Fey.

20. I don’t know how I ever lived without a cell phone, Bluetooth, a DVR, a GPS, or an iPod.

21. I was an altar boy from 11 to 15.

22. I was a paper boy from 11 to 18.

23. The furthest west I’ve traveled is Austin, TX. The furthest south and east is Aruba. The furthest north is Montreal.

24. I auditioned for the Jeopardy Teen Tournament in high school. It’s really hard to get on that show.

25. My favorite way to play hookey from life is taking in a double or triple feature with my brother.

No comments: