Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Let the Games Begin!

"And I'll taste every moment, and live it out loud,
I know this is the time,
This is the time
To be more than a name, or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time,
This is the time of my life!"
-- David Cook, "Time of My Life"


Well, the wait is over! American Idol premiered tonight, and we've gotten our first look at this season's new crop of talent. There were some standouts and some also-rans. Overall, I was slightly underwhelmed, but there's some decent potential out there. I'm looking forward to the rest of the auditions and the Hollywood rounds to watch the cream rise to the top!

As this season starts to take shape, I offer one last reminder of why we love this show. 4 months (or so) from now, we crown a new American Idol!

Special thanks to Lindsay for all of your help with this countdown! I couldn't do it without ya, girl! And thanks to everyone who read, watched and commented!

If you're into recaps, I highly recommend Linda Sharp's amazing breakdown's at http://dontgetmestarted-lindasharp.typepad.com/ or the snarky team over at TVGASM, http://www.tvgasm.com/. ENJOY!!!



(Video of Ruben's video wasn't available online.... BOOOOO!!! We'll have to settle for this.)











No comments: