Saturday, December 27, 2008

17 Days to American Idol

“I think we are all very different, so just being me will be the key.”

--Jason Castro


(Today's entry is brought to you by Lindsay Hemphill, with minor commentary by me in blue.)

Season 7 was a truly entertaining season of American Idol! There were no “Sanjaya’s” and it was all about watching the amazing talent put on stage week to week! I remember watching the Top 12 Boys, week one of the Semi-finals round. All of a sudden this kinda cute guy with quite a different look (cause, you know, he had dreads!) came out and sang “Daydream.” I, along with millions of others, fell in love just a little bit. Jason Castro was just the ‘breath of fresh air’ that American Idol needed! A few weeks later, he knocked it out of the park with his version of “Hallelujah,” made popular by the movie Shrek.

After many consistent weeks, he made it all the way to the Top 4. Towards the end of the season, even though the pressure was clearly getting to him, he continued to work hard (contrary to popular belief) and have hit after hit!

Sidenote: Some of my favorite performances were “Fragile”, “I Don’t Wanna Cry”, and “Travelin’ Thru.” His choices of song were almost always daring and slightly offbeat, as evidenced by Lindsay's list here and the songs we chose to highlight below. Though he wasn't always successful, his originality truly made him a standout. Jason, along with Brooke White, brought folk music to the American Idol stage.

Jason just has a great, laid back quality about him and his voice is nice and smooth! I think I could listen to him all day….plus, he just seems like he’s a nice guy! I was thrilled he made it as far as he did and I can’t wait to buy his first album (you know I’m going to!) Anyway, I hope you enjoy the clips Marc and I picked out for you!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your comments about Jason. He is genuinely a talented and yes truly nice individual. Did you download from Amazon.com for free his White Christmas? It was something special.

Cathy Anne said...

check out Jason's brother Michael's new song.
http://www.myspace.com/michaelcastromusic


Micheal will be on this season's AI, but you probably already know that.

Unknown said...

Jason is a wonderful soul. He's true to himself, is beautiful inside and out. I also love his style and can't wait for his CD. Did you see him in the I Am Second campaign...there you'll see another side of him. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jason immediately grabbed me. Love his style, voice, his whole persona. Do check out this website

http://www.iamsecond.com/#/seconds/Jason_Castro/