Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

-- Anonymous


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. The food… the football… family and friends. And my annual, food-coma induced nap on the couch! Despite the daily struggles, I am truly thankful for so much this year. My List includes (in no particular order):

· My nephew and godson
· My brother, sister-in-law, and a new nephew or niece arriving in 2009
· Jay Brannan
· DGMS and Recrappers Anonymous
· Lindsay, Natala and Matt, Maria and James, Tara and Scott, Tiffany, Gina and Mike
· American Idol, and David Cook beating David Archuleta
· Being employed
· Luke and Noah on As The World Turns
· Friday Night Lights, Ugly Betty, The Office, 30 Rock, Pushing Daisies, House, Eli Stone, GREEK, Chuck, Brothers and Sisters, SYTYCD, and Firefly
· The return of 24
· Tina Fey
· Netflix
· Rent
· Altar Boyz
· President-Elect Barack Obama
· DVR
· TVGASM, and poetry of Flipit
· Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog
· Fafarazzi
· The Olympic Movement (and Matthew Mitcham’s gold medal victory)
· Fantasy Football
· Yummy of the Day
· YouTube

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

MAC said...

What an honor!!! This must be how it feels to win an Oscar. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving, Marc!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Marc, even when it isn't Thanksgiving, I'm so thankful for you, I can't even put it into words! I know I'm getting a little sappy but my life is soooo much better with you in it!! You have helped make this past year absolutely amazing! Our friendship started out as a common love of AI and has since grown to much more than that! I know that I have made a friend for life! Anyway, I loved that list and I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!