Wednesday, April 22, 2009

He Works Hard for the Votes

“It was original, it was well thought out. That was not karaoke. Whether you buy or like ladies underwear, I couldn’t care less, it was a fantastic performance.”

-- Simon Cowell, about Kris Allen's performance of Donna Summer's "She Works Hard For The Money"


Greetings, all! I know I've been MIA. Life seems to get in the way at times, and the ability to string together coherent sentences around a specific topic of interest in my downtime has been nearly impossible.

Have no fear, though. I've been dutifully following American Idol. It's been a refuge and a saving grace for a difficult winter/spring!

For those of you who don't know, I am a card carrying member of Kris Allen Nation. From the first time we got to see him, performing "Man in the Mirror" during the second week of semifinals, I've been enamored, and more than a little bit in love with this Arkansas crooner. This vocals are effortless and heartfelt, his musicality is superb, and his during a season filled with vocal acrobatics, he stands as a glorious reminder that understatement and simplicity can triumph.

Last night, he outshined the competition once again with a reinvented Donna Summer classic during the treacherous Disco Night. The result was a groovy, contemporary performance. While he still faces an uphill battle to the title, having to overcome the likes of Allison and Adam, he's become my favorite this year.

If you missed his performance this week, or if you would like to relive its magic, the video is below. Enjoy, and GO KRIS!!!

1 comment:

MAC said...

Where do I get my card?